What to expect as a visitor.
Before you arrive, we encourage you to review our general grounds policies, code of conduct, and COVID-19 guidelines below. You may also view our FAQ page for additional details regarding the grounds, gardens, tickets, membership, support, and more.
Feel free to contact our Box Office for clarification on anything regarding our policies: [email protected] / 914.232.1252
Updated as of August 4, 2021
Concert & Event Policies
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. Contact [email protected] regarding your tickets. Guests may not enter Caramoor’s premises if any of the following apply:
- You currently have a fever of 100.4 °F or greater.
- You have had, in the past 48 hours, any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have had close contact with a person who has confirmed COVID-19.
- You tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If attending a concert or event during the 2021 Summer Season:
- All guests will have their tickets scanned at a curbside checkpoint before parking.
- Masks are optional inside the venue, however, the CDC recommends that people wear masks in crowded outdoor environments in locations with rising virus caseloads. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- New guidelines no longer require social distancing of six feet between parties. While Caramoor will operate at a reduced capacity to provide generous spacing, we will be following this updated guidance and parties may be closer than six feet.
- If attending a concert or event during the 2021–22 Fall–Spring Season:
- All indoor concert guests are required to provide proof of vaccination.
- All guests are required to wear a mask while in the Rosen House Music Room.
- Seating within the Music Room will be at full capacity and will not be socially distanced, however, capacity will be adjusted based on state guidelines.
- Please use discretion when near other parties.
- Out of respect for other guests, please refrain from rearranging the seats.
- Face masks are optional inside concert venues and on the Caramoor grounds. Per CDC recommendations, unvaccinated guests — or those in crowded outdoor environments in locations with rising virus caseloads — are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Face masks must be worn at all times while touring the Rosen House.
- Please return home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub hands together until dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face, seek medical attention. Call 911 or call ahead to the local emergency facility (Bedford Police 914.241.3111)
What Steps Are We Taking?
At this time, we are taking the following steps to ensure the health and safety of our audience, artists, staff, and community:
- Working closely with local health experts and officials in developing and implementing plans that incorporate recommended health and safety guidelines.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all areas and surfaces.
- In addition to the sinks in the restrooms for handwashing, we have hand sanitizer available at several locations for our guests and staff.
- Increased monitoring of employee and community health.
- Ensuring that staff members follow all recommended safety precautions, including wearing appropriate PPE.
All policies are subject to change. Caramoor will adjust protocols based on updated NY State guidelines.
Code of Conduct
To ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts is a destination for exceptional music, captivating programs, spectacular gardens and grounds, and wonderful moments with friends and family.
Whether taking a tour of The Rosen House, picnicking, watching a livestream or attending a concert, Caramoor can provide a unique and exciting experience for all. We take pride in being a welcoming escape, and we take measures to ensure that everyone feels and safe doing so.
Our Code of Conduct
Our code serves to respect and protect all visitors, staff, volunteers, members, donors, board members, vendors, and artists and is applicable to all stated.
We do not tolerate any discrimination including but not limited to, on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender presentation, immigration status, disability, age, marital status, health status, or political affiliation.
Bullying or hate speech of any kind is unacceptable – in person, via social media, email, or phone.
We do not tolerate sexual harassment, unwanted sexual attention, violence, or threats of violence.
We ask our guests to:
- Be respectful of other guests and staff.
- Refrain from using foul/offensive language, fighting, obscene gestures, throwing objects, and engaging in other behavior detrimental to the experience of other patrons.
- Consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Comply with requests from staff regarding the venue’s operational and emergency procedures.
- Be respectful of Caramoor’s grounds, and to not damage property.
By visiting our campus or engaging with the Caramoor community through phone, email communication, or social media channels, you acknowledge that you are aware of and will adhere to this code of conduct. Attendees are responsible for their own conduct – as well as the conduct of their guests or persons using their tickets.
Caramoor reserves the right to remove any person from our campus for violations of the Code of Conduct, including the right to revoke membership and/or ban any person who does not adhere to the Code of Conduct, without notice or refund, from all future events, programs, and our grounds.
If you notice any violations to our Code of Conduct or policies, please report to a Caramoor employee or Security. If you witness a violation via the internet, please contact [email protected]
Caramoor prohibits retaliation against anyone who reports a concern in good faith.
Questions? Contact our Box Office at 914.232.1252 or [email protected]
- Caramoor’s grounds will remain open except in extreme weather situations. In the event of any closures or cancellations, we will alert guests through their preferred communications methods as well as on our website.
- In the event of unforeseen extreme weather, Caramoor’s staff will enact emergency plans. All guests are expected to follow these procedures.
- Due to the outdoor nature of Caramoor, certain areas may be inaccessible because of weather. Please abide by any posted restrictions.
Service Animals & Pets
Certified service animals are always welcome at Caramoor. For the preservation of our grounds and safety to other visitors, non-certified service dogs and other pets are not allowed at Caramoor.
Our grounds are kid-friendly and we have family-friendly concerts and events throughout the year. We ask that parents remain mindful of their children at all times on Caramoor’s grounds.
Food and Beverages
- Outside food and beverage are permitted at Caramoor.
- Please clean up all garbage and recyclables. There are a few receptacles provided for your convenience and in the case they cannot be located, please treat Caramoor as a “carry-in, carry-out” facility to ensure our grounds stay beautiful for all to enjoy.
- Concessions and on-site dining are available on event days. For all other occasions, the Box Office carries a few light snacks and refreshments and is open when the grounds are open.
- All alcoholic beverages are to be consumed responsibly and by guests 21 and over.
There is no formal dress code at Caramoor, but we recommend comfortable clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and with unpaved surfaces in mind.
- Shoes and clothing are required at all times
- No sunbathing
To maintain the beauty and cleanliness of our setting, and to provide a healthier and better experience for all who visit or work at Caramoor, smoking, vaping, use of electronic smoking devices, or any tobacco products is prohibited except for designated areas.
Bringing Your Own Lawn Chair
While lawn chairs and picnic hampers are allowed onto the grounds, they are not permitted inside performance venues. Pop-up tents and beach umbrellas are permitted on the grounds, but will not be allowed at any performance, regardless of venue.
Cell Phones, Photography, and Video (Venues & Grounds)
Help everyone enjoy the music. Please be sure to silence all mobile devices prior to concert start.
Video, photography, sound, or cell phone recording during the performance is prohibited. Some events may be recorded by management for promotional purposes. Please note, your attendance at any Caramoor event is your consent to have your image or likeness appear in any captured photography, live or recorded video display, or other transmission or production in whole or in part of this event.
- We encourage people to take photos and videos of our grounds.
- Outdoor photography and formal photoshoots are permitted during hours of operation as long as doing so does not disrupt the grounds, restrict the use of any space by guests, or interfere with any other programs or events. Commercial photography and videography is allowed through arrangements with Caramoor’s Special Events Office.
- Tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks, and all other camera support items are not permitted in indoor locations
- Drone use on Caramoor’s grounds is strictly prohibited
Security and Safety
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with all necessary security measures at Caramoor. Caramoor Management reserves the right to limit access to any of the venues or grounds for any reason.
Please recognize that you assume any and all risks occurring before, during, and after an event at Caramoor, including injury by any cause. By attending events, you release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, and their respective affiliates and representatives from any related claims.
Items found left behind on our grounds will be held by the Box Office. If you think you have lost something at Caramoor, please call the Box Office at 914.232.1252 and we will try and reunite you with your item.
Large groups and gatherings
- For information regarding group sales to concerts and events, please contact the Box Office.
- For information regarding private events and rentals, please contact the Special Events office.
Please view our Accessibility page for a full overview of accessibility at Caramoor and information about each of our venues.
WiFi and Internet
Complimentary WiFi is accessible while at Caramoor by connecting to “Caramoor-Free-WiFi.” Signing in as a guest user indicates you have read and accepted the Acceptable Use Policy.
Additional Event Policies
Ticket Prices, Refunds, and Exchanges
For information on ticketing and our policies, please visit our Box Office page.
Sometimes events conspire to make you late. We will do our best to get you into your seats at the earliest appropriate break in the program without disturbing others. Late seating placement is at the discretion of management.