A Campaign for Caramoor’s Future.
It has always been Caramoor’s goal, beginning with the vision of Lucie and Walter Rosen, to make this a place for music and a place to gather, to pause, and to reflect. In 2014, the Leadership of Caramoor embarked on an ambitious $40million capital campaign, Inspire: A Campaign for Caramoor’s Future, to achieve multiple goals to strengthen the institution for the future. The primary objective was to secure Caramoor’s financial future by growing the permanent endowment. A second major component of the campaign was the ongoing restoration of the historic Rosen House, to enhance the spaces and experience of music at Caramoor. The final phase of the capital campaign—a comprehensive campus revitalization plan—built on a sense of shared discovery and artistic innovation throughout Caramoor’s grounds and was completed in 2020.
Read a letter from our former CEO, Jeffrey P. Haydon and Chairman of the Board, James A. Attwood, Jr., catch up with Inspire in the news, and stay tuned for updates on our campaign.
Enhancing the Visitor Experience
Caramoor Plans designed in 2018
Endowed Funds Established for Future Stability and Innovation
Funds have been established in support of:
- Chamber Music + NEW: Evnin Rising Stars Mentors
- Classical Music
- Caramoor’s Gardens
- Great American Songbook
- Piano Performance
Improvements to Caramoor’s Facilities and the Visitor Experience
Projects already accomplished
- Music Room chairs and risers
- Summer Dining Room and Cloisters enclosures
- New audience bathrooms
- New paving and accessibility infrastructure
- Comprehensive revitalization of the outdoor visitor experience
- Re-investment and renewal of gardens and landscape around campus
- New audience concession area and amenities
- Improved donor and accessibility parking
- Improved vehicle traffic
- Comprehensive night lighting plan
- More convenient entrance to the Venetian Theater
- A re-imagined Friends’ Field for exclusive use by audiences and programming
To learn more about Inspire: A Campaign for Caramoor’s Future and ways you could help, or for additional information, please contact Inspire@caramoor.org.