We’ll update this page as we receive new information or enact changes / Updated September 17, 2021.
We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of our guests, artists, and staff, while ensuring that your visit to Caramoor is both comfortable and enjoyable. Therefore, we are now requiring that all ticket holders be fully vaccinated and masked for indoor concerts and events.
For outdoor events, we are not requiring proof of vaccination or the use of a mask, though the CDC recommends wearing one in crowded locations with rising virus caseloads.
These new guidelines — and changes to the concert experience — are in response to the increased community spread of the Delta variant and will evolve in accordance with the latest public health recommendations.
All audiences and staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination for indoor concerts and events. No such proof is required for outdoor concerts and events.
- A “full vaccination” means that the person has completed their vaccination cycle (regardless of dosage or manufacturer) at least two weeks prior to the concert or event.
- As proof, guests should provide a photo ID and a physical vaccination card; a photo of a vaccination card; a New York State Excelsior Pass or the NYC COVID Safe app; or other official vaccination record.
- Non-vaccinated guests, including ineligible children and others, will not be permitted into the indoor concert venue. Tickets may be returned for either a credit or refund.
- Negative test results will not be accepted in lieu of a full vaccination status.
Please note: this policy will evolve as information regarding booster shots develops.
All audiences and staff are required to wear a mask indoors and whenever they are interacting with other guests or staff.
- Guests must wear a mask unless they are actively eating and drinking or are otherwise exempt from wearing a mask due to a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.).
- Wear a mask with two or more layers. Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and under your chin.
- The following are prohibited: Masks with exhalation valves; masks made of loosely woven fabrics; scarves; buffs; bandanas; gaiters; and face shields alone.
- Masks will be available upon request.
- Any guests unwilling to follow this policy will be asked to leave. Tickets will be refunded or credited accordingly.
Indoor Concert & Event Protocols
When you present your tickets for scanning, please also provide your photo ID and proof of vaccination. We will not take your temperature or check for symptoms. Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of, or have tested positive for, COVID-19.
Seating within the Rosen House Music Room will be at full capacity and will not be socially distanced. Nevertheless, all performances will adhere to the latest public health guidelines which may result in changing policies or occupancy limits.
Doing Our Part
Caramoor has implemented the following procedures to provide a safe environment for our guests, artists, and staff:
Enhanced Cleaning Measures
The Rosen House Music Room, restrooms, and corridors are cleaned regularly.
Digital tickets are able to be scanned directly from your mobile device and programs will be available in both printed and digital formats.
Fall concerts will be presented without intermission to limit gathering.
Advanced Air Filtration
The Rosen House heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system has been upgraded with a medical-grade HEPA-13 air filter.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
Hand sanitizer stations are positioned throughout the Rosen House Music Room.
Caramoor is actively monitoring staff and community health as well as New York state and CDC guidelines for safety.