Caramoor is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music.
It’s also a pretty great place to work. Openings will be posted below or you may contact us to find out more about seasonal, part-time, and full-time employment at Caramoor. We look forward to meeting you!
To Apply – Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We will only contact candidates being considered for the roles posted. No phone calls, please.
New Fellowship Opportunity!
Rosen House Summer Research Fellowship: Collection and Archives
Theme: Caramoor and World War II
Caramoor seeks a fellow for a short-term (ideally June – August 2024), sustained period of in-person research at our highly unique and historic site in Katonah, New York. Some additional travel to other collections/libraries may be necessary. This opportunity is well suited to an undergraduate or graduate student of American history of the 20th century, with some prior knowledge of and interest in World War II. Those interested in public history, archives, women’s history and/or museum studies are encouraged to apply. Strong writing skills are an asset for applicants.
Stipend / $3,500 (made in installments)
- Timeline of activities at Caramoor during WWII and related to the war effort.
- Three short reports (1000-1500 words each) related to specific topics/themes identified for the WWII-theme focus tour. One report due mid-way through fellowship period.
- Short presentation to select staff and Rosen House Committee (September 2024).
Requirements for application:
- Letter of interest, including reason for application and description of relevant study and/or topics of special interest.
- Resume or curriculum vitale
- Short writing sample (approximately 500 words)
- One letter of reference from recent professors and/or relevant work supervisors
Application materials to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Top candidates will be invited to interview over Zoom before a final decision is made. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for applications: January 22, 2024
Caramoor is committed to a fair and equitable workplace. Caramoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO); this means that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, advertising, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, disciplinary action, and discharge shall be conducted on the basis of qualification and ability without regard to race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.